Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thank you for your prayers!

It has been a very emotional time for me over the past 48 hours. I want to express my depestest sincere gratitude for those who have prayed for me and my family and for our team. There is power in prayer and I was able to see first hand God's miraculous and gracious hand upon my life.

My wife, Angie left me a note for each day of the tour which included a Bible verse. The day of my accident, she left me Philippians 3:12-14. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. I started this tour with the goal of accomplishing 600 miles in 6 days. But the night before the accident, I felt so compeled to pray for revival in every church we passed. It wasn't about the bike ride, but about the people. I believe I stepped on Satan's toes as the country we live in needs to see the power of God unleashed and that begins with praying and being in the Word of God. May the physical pain I expereince be a reminder to continue to pray for churches.

2 comments:

D. H. said...

That's a good reminder Jon. I like to have reminders too: a braclet, skipping meals, writing on the mirror, ...

May God continue to be bearing eternal fruit through you and all of us!

I appreciate you Brother!

Doug said...

Jon, you have a warrior spirit and a noble heart. May God continue to use this experience for his glory.