Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Retiring

Today was a disappointing day at the end. (I realize that I always seem to be grousing on this blog, and that's not really how I feel about this event) I was forced to retire by saddle-sores after 384 miles in nearly four days of riding. I feared problems with my knee. I wasn't prepared to be defeated by something as mundane as saddle-sores. That's where the 21 years since the last time I did something like this made themselves felt, I guess! :-)
I'm so proud of the guys I've ridden with. God has forged a team out of a disparate bunch of cyclists who had never ridden before. It is soooo much fun to ride with them! I'm so blessed by the church-people we've met along the way. May our effort encourage them to "Go the distance" in the field that God has placed before them for harvest. I'll help with the SAG and watch the others ride on with (the proper sort of) envy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gordon,

YOUR AWESOME!!! Thanks for the effort at attempting such an event! You rode with my twin brother Jon and you guys are an inspiration!