Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Last Minute Details


It's just 3 days now before the BIG ride. I'm trying hard not to show my nervousness. There are always so many last minute details to think about. But the time has come to put away those many concerns, concerns such as: did I pack all the right things? what am I forgetting? will I actually be able to bike all those hundreds of miles? will I fit into the group? etc. The mind wanders aimlessly at times. But Jesus' words speak loud and clear, clearer than my own: "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28a (NLT). Ahh, those are the words of real encouragement that I need. Thank you Father. We go in Your name for Your people, that all may come to know Jesus as the Christ.

1 comment:

D. H. said...

Well said Ed - "We go in Your name for Your people, that all may come to know Jesus as the Christ." Praying for a safe trip to Waxhaw for you.