Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday - Assembly day

Well, we are off to an inauspicious start. I opened the box that had my work-stand and tools in it only to find out that it had no tools in it. There was a hole across one end of the box but the strapping tape was intact across the hole. Further investigation revealed the bottom seam of the box had split and apparently the two boxes of tools had escaped through that.

Okay, no tools. I opened the box with the bike in it and discovered that the small box inside that contained my pedals, computer, front quick-release and front brake caliper was also missing. Same thing. Sp;lit seam on the bottom of the box. Now the bike isn't rideable and there are no tools to fix it!

I was able to borrow pedals and a quick-release from one of the guys at JAARS. A quick trip to the bike-shop and $200 later I can ride and have a very basic toolset to work with. So now I have to go round and round with Fedex to document what they lost and what it cost. (Sigh)

Oh, yeah. I woke up with a sore throat. Swine flu, anyone? Please pray fror me. I need it! ;-)

No comments: