Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Roads Traveled

I've been using the trainer 5 days a week and currently, the weekends are the only time I have to get any extended riding in. That will probably change as I gear up, or mile up, in April. This past weekend I did a quick lookup for rides over 50 miles in Waxhaw, NC. I found the route and quickly printed out some road names and directional turns I needed to make. A couple times I found my self stopping to check that I hadn't missed a road. Lessons on this ride were God provides the direction we need when we ask Him. Believe it or not, I had to turn on Tom Green RD. When I came up to it, there were two roads with the same name (Both left turns about 100 yards apart). I stopped and was going to head down a road where I would know it would end up, and then I prayed. Lord, you know which road I need to head down. Then I saw a marker spray painted on the road from a previous tour group. Thank you Jesus! I also realized after the ride that it is much harder riding alone. I had ridden 44 miles with a friend 2 weeks earlier and the legs weren't as sore. This time, the jabbing pain lasted about an hour after the ride. Just as Jesus sent the disciples out in pairs, it's neat to know others are praying for us and for this "Going the Distance" ride.

1 comment:

D. H. said...

Jon, Your 5 days a week on a trainer sounds similar to my schedule; as does the difficulty in riding alone; and Jesus’ noticeable involvement at times in my rides. It will be neat to ride in a group of almost 10 come 58 days... :-) Looking forward to riding with you soon. -Dan